• I have recently returned from a research trip to St Ives, where I gathered additional archival material for my current project on the sculptor John Milne, and spoke with several people who knew Milne and his circle. My main focus this year is on the completion of my book on Milne. Updates will follow in due course.
• Whilst in St Ives I was invited to give a talk at this year’s St Ives Festival. The talk will be on Monday 12th September: update to follow.
• Osborne Samuel have invited me to write the catalogue essay for their show of paintings by John Blackburn, set to open at their London gallery on 8th September. I will post the text on this site later in the year.
• I am to write a piece on the artist Max Chapman (1911-99) for Art UK, for publication online this summer. An update will follow. http://artuk.org/
• Just announced is Queer British Art opening at Tate Britain in April 2017. The show marks the fiftieth anniversary of the decriminalisation of homosexuality.
See the feature on The Guardian website for more information: http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2016/apr/19/queer-british-art-show-leads-tate-2017-programme
Photograph: Porthmeor Beach, St Ives (with flag and its shadow), April 2016. © Ian Massey