• Planning continues for the two shows I am curating in 2016.
• Dates are now confirmed for the Patrick Procktor show at Arts University Bournemouth (14 January – 25 February), and the group show at The Redfern Gallery, London (2 February – 27 February).
• The Arts University Bournemouth show will include key loans from public and private collections. Along with important works on canvas, there will be a strong emphasis on drawing in the show. It will also include documentary photographs; amongst them a group from 1969 by Homer Sykes, showing Patrick Procktor and friends including Ossie Clark, Gervase Griffiths and David Hockney.
• Artists now confirmed for the Redfern Gallery show include Marc Camille Chaimowicz, Kaye Donachie, Silke Otto Knapp, and Alessandro Raho. The full list will be published later this year.
• I am delighted that the Cecil Beaton Archive at Sotheby’s have agreed to loan a group of photographs by Cecil Beaton for the Redfern Gallery show, including the portrait of Rex Whistler shown here.
Photograph: Rex Whistler, photographed at Cap Ferrat, 1927. © The Cecil Beaton Studio Archive at Sotheby’s. With thanks to Joanna Ling.